As a funeral provider trusted by so many families in the community, we have had the privilege of serving families and helping them personalize the service. We have been able to provide comfort by incorporating the unique personality and memories of the deceased.
At Pedersen Funeral & Cremation Service, we do our utmost to make every service unique. We are always inspired by the beautiful examples we have seen and wanted to share some of them with you.
The following are ideas that you may use to personalize a service:
- Photographic collages displays of personal memorabilia, such as awards, trophies, or favorite pastime items, such as garden tools
- The writing of personal notes by family and friends during the service
- Service folders & registry books that reflect personal style and interests
- Music selections from our extensive library
- Live musicians
- Special customs particular to different faiths, ethnic groups, and fraternal organizations
- Displays of uniforms and equipment for government employees
- Have motorcycles in the procession for a motorcycle enthusiast, have a cowboy's horse lead the procession for a cowboy, or a tractor lead the procession for a farmer
Aside from inviting guests to write their name on a book, why not create a space where guests can share detailed condolences? Encourage them to share their thoughts and memories for families to treasure. Some services use a large photo board or memory stones. This will help make everyone feel involved, and will give families a comforting tribute to the deceased.
A personalized service touches families and friends and celebrates a unique life lived. We encourage you to get in touch with us to learn more about how to plan a personalized service.